Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Coach is out of town again. Kristine put up a Gail Bernhardt workout specifically for endurance triathletes. Here ya go:

Warm up

300 swim
300 kick
300 pull

6 x 75 (1:30)
300 pull
6 x 50 fast
300 kick
6 x 50 fast
200 cool down


On my way out of the YMCA this morning, I met 3 x Hawaii Ironman Champion Peter Reid. He is coaching my friend Charlie's Triathlon camp this week and they were all there to swim. They all seemed so tall. Even the girls.

I am so glad that Lisa is going to be supporting all of us at Ironman. I haven't seen her in way too long. If Lisa could finish Vineman Half with no bike training, then I can do this Ironman. She is a great source of inspiration. She is also the ultimate support person, maybe doing more than the people in the race. It seems like she is everywhere on the course cheering you on, taking photos. Yeah Lisa!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd, I didn't realize your race was so close. YEEEE HAW! Wow and more wows. I'm guessing it's like totally natural to have all the feelings of excitment and also ennui that you write about. Dude. For reals. You're dealing with all elements now: physical, mental, and dachound. You'll do great. Know how I know that? Well, by jolly, because your Sandee and by definition you kick ass. Look it up.