Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm back to swimming. I actually started back last week, but somehow feel more tired this week. I am finally getting a massage today. It will be the first one since Ironman. For someone who works with several massage therapists, it's amazing that it took me so long to get on someones schedule. I am so looking forward to it!

The Wildflower Triathlon is this weekend. I know several people competing, so I may bring the kids up there and cheer people on. I am going to work on being a fan and volunteer this year, more than just a competitor. That is not to say I will not do any races, but I am going to really limit my racing for a while.

Calvin wants to do another 5K and work his way up to a 10K, so I will be looking for some local short races for us to do. Any ideas?

SWIM:

800 free
400 kick
4 x 100 pull

800 free
4 x 100 pull

cool down

The second 800 was a bit tough for me. We were supposed to increase our speed, but I think I went out too fast and faded toward the end instead. I can still pull the 'I'm recovering from Ironman' card. I think that will be expired by next week, though. All the Wildflower people will be recovering from their event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dude, you can use that card for a lifetime. In fact, I was having a really tough time in my Dutch class the other day. And my teacher asked what the problem was. I just said... "recovering from an Ironman." Totally worked. Well, he didn't actually ask who was recovering from an Ironman, and I didn't exactly offer the info. But let's just say the card was there, the card was dealt, the card scored.

PS The story above is completely made up to illustrate the idea of a useful hand of excuse cards. Debbie reserves the complete right, however, to use such card when and if she, in the future, deems it necessary.