Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Dreaded Treadmill

So, I've had to run on my treadmill a lot the last few days. With a party to put on for a sante (my business) this weekend, the kids and working, I have not had a chance to get out for a run. It's pretty crazy to spend hours in the garage watching people running by and being a captive audience. I try to vary my routine- steep uphill climbs, fast flat running, boring slight incline, but my mind still tries to get me off the damn thing. It was pointed out to me that this is very good training for the hours I will spend alone and tired at AC. It is always a challenge to keep your mind from sandbagging you.



I saw an article on the Speedgoat Blog about a uphill treadmill race between Scott Jurek, Karl Meltzer and Dave Mackey at the Outdoor Retailer show this past weekend. Mackey took both Karl and Scott! I will say, from experience, that it probably wasn't that fun, but I would have enjoyed watching those guys battle it out.

Off to the garage for one last dreaded run...tomorrow I am free!

No comments: