Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tuesday Training



Tuesday training is always a little tricky. I normally work a full day and have the kids, so that leaves little time for training on my own. Today I woke up early and started my day with a quick uphill run on the treadmill, with a cup of joe close at hand. Later in the afternoon, I snuck in another smallish run ( 4 miles ) before I had to pick up the kids. All told, about 8 miles total for the day. Not as much as I'd hoped, but for a Tuesday, I'll take it.




The thing I am noticing about shorter runs and running on the treadmill, is that I tend to push myself more. When I am on the trail for hours, I tend to be more gentle with myself, which is probably okay some of the time. Lately, I have had the kids ride their bikes along side of me while I run. They are great little coaches, yelling at me to go faster and taking turns pacing me. They get annoyed when they have to wait for me at intersections, which makes me run faster to catch up, or I have to suffer their great sighs of exasperation at my "snail pace".

No comments: