Thursday, August 30, 2007

Figueroa Mtn Safari


Phoebe and some cows




First Tarantula of the season...kinda blurry
Bobcat! He's a beauty.


Yep, it's still closed. We slipped under some barbed wire and disregarded a no trespassing sign to do our run today. I'm not advocating this type of behaviour, but c'mon, I've been more than patient. Phoebe chased, or rather, herded, loads of cows and was as happy as a pig in shit. This is the job she was born to do. She was so pleased with herself. I must say, it was helpful as the cows were all over the trail and she moved them right along.


The weather has been hot lately, so I felt sorta sluggish on my run. Maybe I'm just tired, who knows. It was great to see all the creatures, though. The bobcat was huge and the tarantula is just the first of many. Tarantulas are always seen crossing Figueroa Mtn Rd, as you can see from the sign. I had to brake hard for this guy. I will get a better picture next time and show some size comparison. He was big.

Off to run in Santa Barbara. It looks like they have opened some trails and I expect it will be a little cooler there, but muggy. Oh well.

Happy Trails.

No comments: