Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm off to the all night Angeles Crest party

Feet Before...
I told my friend Genene, who just did my pedicure, that I would take before and after pictures of my feet. When I told her they may not be too bad, she burst out laughing and said, no way, they are going to be completely f***ed up! Okay, I know she's right. But don't they look lovely, now? You can hardly tell that I recently lost 3 toenails.
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready. I'm certainly not unprepared, so, yeah, I guess I'm ready. When I was telling Abigail about the race the other night she says to me, "It sounds like you're going to a running party, mom, how fun!". She is kind of right. It's something adults do, with their friends, voluntarily, and for 'fun' all night long. It is a party of sorts.

I have two great friends who have offered, with some coaxing , to crew for me. It's a mother and daughter team. Gail and Jamie will drive around to the accessible areas and make sure I have what I need and take pictures of the whole event. Raul will ride his bike to Pasadena and watch me finish. I know Steve, JLu and Jerry J, Lisa, and all my other runner friends will be there in spirit and will send me lots of love and support via telepathic messages and cell phone messages. I know you all wish you were going to be there and so do I!!

This quote from the most recent Ultrarunning magazine keeps going through my head,

"Going for a run always clears my head, but running 100 miles distills my soul." Keith Knipling

I'll let you know on Sunday... for now I'm off to Back to School Night, then to an early bed. Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.