Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Plan

I've decided to approach the race like a birth and have a plan. When you give birth these days it is common to have a 'birth plan', so by the time you are in excruciating pain and are begging for drugs, the nurse or your partner get to say "nope, you specifically state here in the birth plan that under no circumstances are we to give you drugs, sorry". At the time, you hate those people, but afterwards, you are so happy you did it naturally. So, I figure, I will tell Gail and Jamie that under no circumstances am I allowed to drop, and sure, I may hate them at the time, but I will be so happy when I finish and love them even more. I know there are medical reasons for dropping, just like sometimes you have to have an emergency C-section, but those are different circumstances. Those are obvious.

I find myself once again without a pacer, since the last crew access is 25.5 miles from the finish. So, if anyone wants to run the last 25.5 with me....let me know. Or even mile 52 on would be fine. I can't believe it's 3 days away. I hope I'm ready.

No comments: