Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I only got a little lost on the SB9T course this Sunday. I was helping to mark the course, but I ran out of tape and decided to run ahead on my own. This is always a bad idea for me. I did find my way to the turn around where my car was parked and that's what really matters. I think I know the whole course now and luckily, it will be well marked for the race Saturday. I swear, there is nothing flat on this course, you are either going steeply uphill or flying downhill. It's exactly the kind of running I most enjoy.

Swim workout sucked this morning. Check it out:

3 x 200 swim, kick, pull

8 x 50 swim on the :55

200 kick : fly, back, free, fly(on back)

10 x 50 pull on the :50

200 kick (same as above)

12 x 50 w/ fins on the :45

cool down

There was nothing long and meditative or lovely about any of it.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah, isn't that funny how that happens? One day it's zen city and the next it's hard work of a different kind. Hey, great fun and beautiful and kickassical times on your race Saturday. I'll be sending over the good vibes for your continuing success, young lady. In Dutch news, I am super happy with my rediscovery of drawing. And I think I mentioned that now, with the advent of the internets, I am able to find precisely the kind of help I need. Like I was having a little difficulty with the way the torso fits into the tushical area and found an amazing anatomy class online. This dude put on like 50 10 to 20 minute videos and it is exactly what I needed. And in last night's live drawing class, I was able to use the info and get some really great work done. Love you, Dootsen

sandee said...

I can't wait to see your new work! I always picture the artist Debbie in red pants and a black hoodie for some strange reason. Do you do turkey day over there??
lotsa love, meehoe

Debbie said...

yeah, I have an american friend here, also with a dutch husband and 1/2 n 1/2kids. But because there is no holiday set aside, we are having it on saturday. i'm making an easy apple cake, she's aking salad, and we're ordering pizza :) oh, the way you are picturing me is artist debbie circa 1983. now, i just look like a greying hip ole art lady. but with doc martens. happy t day!