Thursday, November 1, 2007

No More Jack and Candy

I noticed the lifegaurd trying to supress a smile as we did our drills today. The one called otter, where we swim with our elbows at our sides and sort of doggie paddle, is especially amusing. I'm happy we could entertain the poor girl, she usually looks so bored.

10 x 50 swim/drill (catch-up, scull, 6/3, otter, zipper)

10 x 50 kick (slow/fast)

10 x 50 pull

4 x 100 ascending

2 x 200 at last 100 pace

200 cool down

I ran up Refugio again yesterday and have a weird pulling behind my right knee. I think it's hamstring related. I have track workout today and think I will alternate 400s and 800s. I have just been running in my road shoes lately. They feel so light and soft on my feet. The trail shoes were just killing my ankle bones, even the ones I cut. I figured I would give them a chance to heal and just wear the road shoes. Now, it will be hard to go back to the rigid trail shoe. Hmmm.

I am so glad Halloween is over. Calvin was calling it "jack and candy" day. I thought that was funny.

No comments: