Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Zen and the Art of Moving up a Lane

Swim Workout:

400 free
300 kick free/back/fly
200 pull
100 breast

All free:
8 x 50
400
2 x 200
4 x 100
8 x 50

cool down 100

total 3,000 yards!

I guess I was feeling a little too good this morning because I got moved up a lane. Woo hoo! This is a big deal to us early morning fishies. I had a zen-like experience with the water and swimming this morning. Everything felt just right and I could feel myself moving through the water and moving the water, it was kind of surreal. Maybe it was my new pirate swimsuit, with ARGGH! on the butt and skull and crossbones on the front or maybe it was my wicked PMS finally exiting my existence. Whatever it was, I was fast and it was fabulous.

I did back to back 15 milers this weekend. One on the 9 Trails course and the other up Refugio. Sunday's run was amazing. It was raining, barely, and it was warm. A perfect Santa Barbara trail run. I felt very awesome and wanted to go farther, but knew I shouldn't and had to get to Abigail's soccer BBQ. I have just signed up for another race the weekend after 9 Trails. It's the North Face Endurance Challenge. I'm only doing the 50K. I'm curious to see how my body will handle back to back races like that. I swear, I can't stop signing up for races. I need help.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Awesome Zen Awesomeness!What a great experience. Once when I was training for my marathon, I did a 15 miler at daybreak, in the howling rain, in the desert. After getting over my initial whinyness, I just fell into the rythm of the sounds. And realized with 5 miles left to go that I barely recalled the previous 9.. I was totally in a meditative space. It was super cool. Love, Nibbles

Anonymous said...

I betcha you looked hot in the new lane. They didn't know what to think when a little bunnie came swimming by.

Little Cutie!