Monday, October 29, 2007


Every year we get a great picture of the the kids at our local pumpkin patch. They seem so big this year, but still super cute.
The 9 Trails training run this past weekend was postponed due to the fires. The National Forest is closed AGAIN and there are some hefty fines for those who don't follow the rules. I would never break the rules. Or trespass on private property. NEVER.


We did do some great training runs around here, though. Saturday, we ran to the top of Figueroa Mountain (luckily, the sign that said the road was closed had blown over due to the high winds), starting in the dark before sunrise, with the full moon. It was breathtaking. Then Sunday, we ran up and over Refugio, to the beach and back. It's steep and far. Two very good training days. I still can't believe I have a running buddy who loves to run as much as me. Wait, I need to qualify that. I have a super best friend who loves to run, maybe more than me, but lives in another state. What I should have said is that it's hard to believe I have a nearby friend to run with. It's something I have been dreaming of for some time now.


Last week I was really sore from speedwork and running hills pretty hard. I had to ice my quads for a few days to get them back to feeling good. Also, some deep massage on my legs really helped. Hurt, but helped. I better be getting faster.


It was fun to watch the progress of Javelina Jundred this weekend. I was talking to Justin on the phone while the runners were coming into the aid station at Javelina Headquarters. Just the pitter patter of runners feet was giving me goosebumps. I wish I could've been there. Next year.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

What an awesome pumpkin patch. Like a Norman Rockwell painting. Did you feel the effects of the air quality on those practice runs? Update on me... my running is sucky due to my never ending achilles issues. I'm almost at the point of giving up my running ambitions outside of a few days a week for fitness. I've tried everything within the range I'm willing to go, you know. Like if I was Oprah with unlimited money and time, access to kickass doctors, etc, etc, I might turn over every stone. But for my resources I'm sorta out of options. But on the good news front, I am totally kicking ass in the art department! So I'm happy. Love you, Doots