Friday, October 19, 2007

Fun at the Track

Small turnout yesterday for swim. I love the early AM workout, you are done before you are even fully awake. I worked a bit, then met Guillermo at his office for a run at noon. We ran to the track, along with his very cute wife. He tried to kill me with speed work. Oh how I hate to run fast, but man do I want to get faster. I'm committed to trying and G says I'm fast on the track. I think he is just being kind or encouraging, but I'll take it.

For track workout we warmed up by running to the track, then alternated 200's and 400's with 45 second rest. The speedwork total was 3 miles. My legs were really tight by the end. It felt great to run back to Santa Ynez. The whole workout was about 6 miles, but that was plenty for me. I'm looking forward to getting faster and better at speed.

Here's the Swim Workout for all you fishies:

16 x 50 swim: free, free/back, free/breast, free

16 x 50 kick: same as above

16 x 50 pull: free (timed)

4 x 100 descending

cool down

Kristine is running the women only marathon in SF this Sunday(not sure what it's called). Also, San Diego 100 is this weekend and there are a couple of people I know running. Best of luck to everyone!! I plan to do the local 5K in Los Olivos. I will probably run with Calvin and Abigail wants to do the kid's mile. What could be better than running with my kids??





1 comment:

Noodles said...

Good workout Nibbles. Love Deb