Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Windy + Dry = Fire

Can you believe California is on fire, AGAIN?? The fire in Santa Ynez, if you are familiar with this area, is near Woodstock Ranch and the Sedgewick Reserve. This fire should be contained by this evening. I hear the fire began from an ember left from the Zaca Fire. The sky is already looking blue again. Let's hope the Santa Ana winds don't come back up.

On the other hand, the fires in San Diego are getting worse and my dad and family were just evacuated from their home in Valley Center. I am just glad my dad decided to leave and not be stubborn about it. I think we will all sleep better tonight.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I was wondering about your dad... and I didn't even know there was a fire that close to you! It's really weird trying to figure it out from Europe. Even with maps. I'm so glad you are ok and that your dad and his family are safe. My sister and cousin (in Woodland Hills) are ok because the wind is blowing away from them. One of our oldest family friends has been evacuated from Malibu, but it looks like her home is spared. Whoosh, dude. Whoosh.

By the way, have I told you I started drawing again? I'm taking a class once a week and found my love for it again. I guess being a mature older woman does that for you :)

Oh yeah, I let my natural hair color grow out. Dude, I got side grey totally a la Walter Cronkite. And the fact that I'm referencing Walter Cronkite... next I'll be talking about records and tennis shoes.

love you and glad you are safe, Deb

sandee said...

It's even hard to figure what's going on with the fires when you are living near them. My next door neighbor is a forest service guy, so I can always ask him what's up. I am so sick of having a fire in my back yard, so to speak. The smoke has really affected my breathing since I still have to run. The sunrise and sunset are beautiful, though.

I am so glad you are drawing again. I always knew you would. I have some grey, too, but it hardly shows with my blonde. So far, that is. Love you.