Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another reason to drink more coffee

Yesterday, Coach Mike made his presence known by shouting, "what's was your time?" after every fricken 100 and 50 of the set. At 6 AM, my mind isn't always rallying with the rest of me. I was looking at the time clock and stuttering, uh uh uh 42, or was it 38, let's say 40, yeah, 40. Mike just turned away disgusted. Apparently I wasn't the only lame-o, because we all got a lecture about knowing our times, without having to look at the clock (huh?) . So, that's the newest thing for masters. We need to know how fast we are swimming. At all times. Especially when the coach is around. (note to self: must drink more coffee before swim)

I'm not even sure I can remember the workout, my mind has been slapped around a bit.

2 x 200 free every other 50 drill
400 kick/ dolphin, back, free, fly on back (by 100's)
200 pull

8 x 100 free (hold all at "test" 100 pace)
400 kick (or was it 200? he was blowing the whistle to make us go fast and slower, very confusing)
8 x 50 free (plus "test 50" for reference) on 50 sec.

long lecture about the clock....finally cool down

Later in the day I took Phoebe for a one hour run. I am in total denial, but I feel like I am getting a cold. I have already bee sick twice this year, so this is insane!! I felt really slow on the run, but plodded along and started to feel better by the end. It was warm and I think I was dehydrated last night, since I'm not used to the warmer weather yet. Today is cool again, so no need to drink a bunch (of water) today. I'm about to go out for a ride, in the wind, in the cold. brrrrr.

No comments: