Thursday, February 7, 2008

Showed up for swim today, but the coach didn't. After a few minutes of early morning, not enough coffee, what's our workout confusion, Micah rallied and came up with a workout to get us in the water.

200 swim
200 kick
200 pull

10 x 100 (I did 5 on 1:55, 5 on 1:50)

4 x 100 kick -fast

8 x 50 ( 4 w/ 15 sec. rest, 4 w/ 5 sec. rest)

longish cooldown

Yesterday I went for a run up Refugio and made it to the top and then some. I was inspired to go faster by the truck full of firemen I ran into close to the top. Nice surprise. The run was 75 minutes and I felt great.

I am trying to be more conscious about my eating. I normally eat pretty healthy, but I am always looking for some way to improve or something "bad" to remove from my diet. I mostly try to stick to real foods, minus red meat, pork and dairy(except sometimes). I recently read that we shouldn't eat grains, but haven't done any research on that, yet. I still think the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kinsolver gives great, easily digestible (ha ha ) information about how to eat local, healthy and why we should eat this way. It makes you want to try growing a few things of your own. I just ordered a new recovery supplement called Recover-ease. I'll let you know how I like it.

For now, I'm off to get a massage! Lucky me.

No comments: