Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The coach is back! Back to being watched and watching the clock.

Warm up:

3 x 200 1st 50 swim 50 drill (x2), 2nd 150 swim 50 drill, 3rd swim
2 x 200 kick: free/back, free/fly
1 x 200 pull

Main Set:

6 x 100 free descending 1-3/4-6
4 x 100 kick descending
2 x 100 pull fast
4 x 50 free fast

cool down

I got nailed a few times during practice for not knowing my splits. I have to be more conscious of watching the clock and being consistent with my times. I guess this isn't aqua aerobics. I've never actually participated in the aqua aerobics class, but it certainly doesn't seem like there is much actual exercise involved. Although, I hear, sometimes they kick across the pool. You really feel that in you glutes if you do it correctly.

It is an astoundingly beautiful day. I guess this means a great day for the bike, as long as the wind stays light and barely breezy. The hills are bright green against the sky blue sky. I think the fairies are dancing today.

No comments: