Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thawing out, finally

Happy cow
View from Refugio Rd, so green!!
There's nothing like some cold rainy weather to make you appreciate our typically lovely weather. It was downright warm yesterday and today is supposed to be the same. Yeah sunshine!! I am a spoiled california girl and expect good weather, damnit. It is so much easier to get out on the bike when you don't have to wear 4 layers and worry about your hands freezing and your toes becoming like wood blocks attached to pedals. I feel the happiness (and longing, of those who don't live here) of cyclists everywhere for the balmy weather.


I ran up Refugio (again) yesterday and then to the gym for a bit of weights. This is supposed to be a recovery weekend for me. Since I will be painting at my new business, this should work out well. I just have a 1:30 bike and some swimming. I am loosely following Gail Bernhardts training plan for ironman. I am adapting it to accomodate my addiction to running. I am feeling much tightness in my right hip the past couple of days. It seems to bother me most when I am doing massage and I feel like I need to stretch constantly. I think it might be from cycling, since it employs more glute muscles than running.


No comments: