Monday, February 4, 2008

More Training with Rain

Another stormy weekend in paradise. I feel bad for all the people that have come to this area to train (because of the great weather and terrain) and have had super cold, rainy weather. It's really hard for me to get motivated to battle the wind and rain on my bike. I don't mind some weather when I'm running, but being on the bike makes me more nervous and cold. I hate to be cold.

Friday: Eight mile run up Drum Canyon. Got caught in a small downpour, but nothing terrible. Felt very strong and wanted to keep going, but was out of time (work, blah).

Saturday: 20 mile run, almost flat. Boring as hell, and my ipod was out of charge. I thought this run would be good training for ironman, since the terrain there is flat and asphalt. Then....40 mile bike, all out.

Sunday: Very rainy so...started out in the pool, one hour. Next, 70 minute run on this great trail near my house (with Phoebe) and it was still raining, so....set up the trainer and rode 45 minutes. I really felt great during all parts of this workout. I wanted to keep riding, but had to cook for the kids. Priorities, ya know.

Today is Monday, and I feel great, but stuck with the plan of just doing yoga. I had to turn myself around as I was driving out to Figueroa Mtn and thought I could just get a little run in. I specifically left the house without my running shoes and found some hidden under the seat. Kinda seemed like a sign to me..to run. Then I thought about all those things I've read about getting strong by resting and not overtraining and decided to just go to yoga as planned. I also went to see the Chiropractor and get adjusted. Also a triathlete, he confirmed that I was training smart by resting today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll make more comments later, but sounds llike you are doing really good. I'll email ya. Love you, Deb