Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The coach was off buying grapes today, so we were on our own. We looked like we were modeling our various bad swimsuits on the "25 then get out of the pool set". There is a huge window that looks into the lobby from the pool. The early morning spin class always stares at us as they are leaving. Today they really got a good look at us strutting around the pool.

2 x 200 #1: swim #2: 25 free, 25 drill (scull, fingertip, catch up, zipper)
8 x 50 kick: odd: free even: fly, back, breast, fly on back
4 x100 pull, with buoy and paddles

Main:

8 x 75 free: moderate, fast, slow
8 x 50 free: moderate, fast
8 x 25 really fast, then get out of the pool and walk around to start
2 x 200: same as warm-up

I felt great today after the workout, like I had hardly done anything. I think this is about how I am supposed to be feeling about this point in my training. It was good to hear a guy in my lane say how tired he was from the workout. I plan on doing an open water swim this weekend. Brrr, talk about cold, the ocean is about 51 degrees.

No comments: