Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Breakin'

The kids are on "spring break" this week, which means they are out of school and want to have some fun. Since I can't just drop everything at work or stop training, I signed them up for some tennis clinic, through the YMCA. I was a little hesitant, since you never know how your kids will respond to things. They love it! I'm relieved.

So, I ran yesterday after swimming, while the kids played tennis. I felt so strong, not wanting to stop after one short hour. I have been trying to do most of my runs on asphalt, so as not to completely shock my body in AZ. I considered running on the track yesterday, but there was such a crowd of football type people all over the field, I changed my mind.

I have truly enjoyed the cycling during my training and feeling the power I have gained in my legs and upper body. I will admit, though that I yearn for long trail runs, like a long lost lover. I see the beautiful green mountains and I want to spend the day with them, exploring their spring secrets. I read race results from ultras, like the Coyote Two Moon, that was just this past weekend in Ojai and I long to be there. It may sound corny, but I am not kidding. If triathlon training has taught me anything, it is that I am truly a trail runner. I see no other future for me. Sure, I'll ride my bikes and swim, always striving to get to lane one with Matt and Chris.
I will be out on the trail, though, to quiet my mind and find divine guidance and sanity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Borky! Just to let you know, ive been reading all your blog entries. Love to hear how you're doing. -Dootsen

sandee said...

aaahhhh, thanks. love to hear from you. are we still on for summer bday challenge, even if that means the challenge is just to get together??? xoxo