Sunday, March 9, 2008

Solvang Century as Training Ride


I rode the Solvang Century yesterday and had a great time. The early morning was chilly and my hands were frozen, but the day warmed up to a nice 75 degrees by late morning. I now have a nice red "sleeve" on both arms. It's been awhile since my arms have seen the sun for any length of time. The ride was 104 miles, with 5,000 feet of climbing. I found myself looking forward to the hills after miles and miles of mainly flat road from mile 60 to 90. Around mile 80, I found myself really wanting to stretch and noticed other riders wiggling around on their bikes, standing, twisting. I think that is the hardest thing about cycling for hours, you get so damn uncomfortable from being in the same position. I felt like I could go for a nice long run when I finished, in fact, I kept thinking about running while I was riding.


So, tomorrow, I take the kids to Disneyland, a whole other kind of training. Wish me luck.

No comments: